- The Property known as El Girasol (The Sunflower), situated in Estepona, Malaga, Spain, is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Ms. S. Mitchell (“the Owner”) to the renter (the Client”). The Booking Conditions and the contents of this web site represent the terms and conditions between Ms. Mitchell and the person signing the Booking Form. This person is solely responsible for the Contract in all events and no other person or persons can take over this agreement. No amendments or alterations can be made to this Contract.
- To reserve El Girasol, the Client must complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rent due for the period booked, this forms part of this agreement. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The security deposit of £500 together with balance of the rent is payable not less than four weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled, and the deposit withheld. If cancellation is made more than ten days before the booking date the Owner has the right to retain the deposit. If cancellation is less than ten days before the booking date, the Client must pay 50% of the total rent for the booking period. The security deposit is required in case of any damage to the Property or it’s contents. The security deposit is refundable in whole or in part, normally with 14 days of your return home after the property has been checked. All breakages, losses or damage and extra costs or charges will be deducted from the security deposit. Should the security deposit be insufficient to meet such costs or liabilities, an additional amount is payable by the person signing the booking form.
- THE CLIENT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO ARRANGE A COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY, INCLUDING CANCELLATION COVER, AND TO HAVE FULL COVER FOR THE PARTY’S PERSONAL BELONGINGS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY. THESE WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THE OWNER’ INSURANCE.
- The Client will report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances the the Property, garden or swimming pool and the Owner or her agents will make arrangements for repair and or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The Owner or her agents reserve the right to enter on to the Property at any time to deal with any problem or complaint. If a complaint is received, the owner will do her best to facilitate a speedy and mutually satisfactory solution.
- The Owner or her agents reserve the right to enter onto the Property at reasonable times to carry out normal maintenance including gardening, cleaning, work to swimming pool and general care taking. The Owner reserves the right to take any relevant action, including immediate termination of the tenancy, if any part of the Property, including the swimming pool and it’s grounds, are abused or misused.
- The Owner reserves the right, without refund, to terminate any reservation if the number of people staying at the Property exceeds the stated minimum on the booking form. No assignment or sub-letting or changes to the details on the booking form are allowed without express approval and consent of the Owner. Parking caravans or pitching a tent at the property is not permitted. Smoking inside the house is not permitted. Pets are not permitted on the premises, kennelling facilities are available.
- Though the Owner makes every possible effort to ensure that the details contained on this web site are accurate, the house may be altered, facilities changed or even withdrawn from letting altogether.
- The rental period shall commence at or after 4 p.m. on the first day and finish on or before 10 a.m. on the last day. The Owner is not obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client is not entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The Owner is not liable nor will any compensation be paid by the Owner where anything occurs beyond the control of the Owner, including any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other reasons beyond the control of the Owner. Should the Owner have to cancel your holiday due to circumstance beyond her control, all monies paid will be refunded.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. A final cleaning service between changeovers is included in our price. However, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention form the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
- All utilities are included in the rental on the basis that their use is reasonable. An inventory of contents is available for the Client’s perusal. Towels provided in the bathrooms must not be used for the pool or beach. Pool towels are provided for use at the Property only. It is recommended that you bring your own beach towels.
- El Girasol (The Sunflower) is a rural country property, and therefore you must expect the presence of animals, birds, insects, which may be heard or seen in the Property.